Dental Crowns and Bridges – Eugene, OR
Providing Strength and Protection For A Renewed Smile
While you might expect your dentist to suggest a filling for a severely decayed tooth, a filling may not be enough to repair the damage. Or maybe you’re looking into a dental implant to replace a missing tooth, but you’re not crazy about the idea of surgery. Luckily, these situations don’t have to be a “lost cause.” There are solutions that address decayed and missing teeth. What are they? Dental crowns and bridges! Dr. Ben Sutter can apply a dental crown in Eugene or bridge and not only repair the problem but also, give you a seamless, beautiful smile. No matter your budget, he can offer you the right solution. Call today to find out how Dr. Sutter can improve your smile with dental crowns and bridges.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are a tooth-shaped covering or “cap” that bonds to your natural tooth. Whether it’s injured or decayed, the crown will protect your tooth from additional damage. Some reasons you might have a crown include:
It is customized to your personal preference and can match the size, shape, and overall appearance, so you will have a beautifully blended, seamless smile. Dental crowns and bridges come in a variety of materials, including ceramic/porcelain, metal alloys, and gold, so it is your personal preference as to which one you prefer in your mouth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Crowns?
- They give your weakened tooth added protection for future damage or breakage.
- Provide a natural look, giving you an aesthetically pleasing smile.
- With proper care and maintenance, dental crowns can last as long as 15 years or more.
What Are Dental Bridges?
When it comes to missing teeth, it can be difficult walking around with gaping holes in your mouth. Dental bridges fix this issue by replacing one, two, or several teeth that are missing in a row. Your dentist in Eugene will place crowns over each tooth on either side of the missing tooth. Not only will these crows be affixed to a crown that will cover the area of the missing tooth, but they will hold the bridge in place. Essentially, it “bridges the gap” between your healthy teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bridges?
- They allow you to speak with clarity once again and increase your ability to chew.
- A dental bridge alleviates stress on nearby teeth because it redistributes the force of your bite.
- They can restore your smile, giving you a healthy appearance.
- They can prevent teeth from shifting out of place, which is a common occurrence when faced with missing teeth.